What is the official website of Punjab Board date sheet 2023?
NEW DELHI: Punjab School Education Board has released the PSEB date sheet 2023 today, on January 25, 2023. Students who will appear for the Punjab Board Class 10, 12 exams this year can check and download the final exams timetable from the official website – pseb.ac.in.
- As per the schedule released, Punjab Board Matric exam 2023 will begin from March 24 and PSEB Higher Secondary exam 2023 will be conducted from February 20.
- Both PSEB Class 10 & 12 exams will end on April 20, 2023.
- Read official notification here Students can check the complete exams schedule in this article below.
A step-by-step guide has also been provided here for students’ reference to download the Punjab Board date sheet 2023. Direct Link: Download PSEB 10th Date Sheet 2023 Direct Link: Download PSEB 12th Date Sheet 2023 How to download Punjab Board Date Sheet 2023? Step 1: Visit the official website at pseb.ac.in Step 2: On the homepage, click on the links – “Date Sheet Matriculation Examination March 2023” or “Date Sheet Sr.
|March 24, 2023||Punjab-A, Punjab History and Culture-A|
|March 27, 2023||English|
|March 28, 2023||Music (Gayan)|
|March 29, 2023||Punjab-B, Punjab History and Culture-B|
|March 31, 2023||Computer Science|
|April 1, 2023||Mechanical Drawing & Paintig|
|April 3, 2023||Mathematics|
|April 5, 2023||Science|
|April 6, 2023||Agriculture|
|April 10, 2023||Social Science|
|April 11, 2023||Welcome Life|
|April 12, 2023||Hindi / Urdu (Alternate Language)|
|April 13, 2023||Home Science|
|April 15, 2023||Health and Physical Education|
|April 17, 2023||Music Tabla|
|April 18, 2023||Physical Education|
|April 19, 2023||Music Vadan|
|April 20, 2023||Tailoring Languages: Sanskrit/ Urdu/ French/ German Pre-vocational: Computer Science (pre-vocational)/ Repair and Maintenance of Household Electrical Appliances/ Electronic Technology/ Repair and Maintenance of Agriculture Power Machines/ Knitting (Hand and machine)/ Engineering, Drafting & Duplicating/ Food Preservation/ Manufacturing of Leather Goods NSQF subjects – Groceries/ Automobiles/ Healthcare/ Information Technology/ Security/ Health & Lifestyle/ Travel & Tourism/ Physical Education and Sports/ Agriculture / Apparel/ Construction/ Plumbing/ Power|
Punjab Board Class 12 Timetable 2023
|February 20, 2023||General Punjabi and Punjab History & Culture|
|February 21, 2023||Music (Vocal)|
|February 22, 2023||Philosophy, Chemistry, Business Economics and Quantitative Maths- II|
|February 23, 2023||Sociology|
|February 24, 2023||General English|
|February 27, 2023||Media studies, Biology|
|February 28, 2023||History|
|March 1, 2023||Mathematics|
|March 2, 2023||Punjabi Elective, Hindi Elective, English Elective, Urdu|
|March 3, 2023||Sanskrit, French, German|
|March 4, 2023||Political science, Physics|
|March 6, 2023||Environmental Studies|
|March 20, 2023||Geography|
|March 21, 2023||Computer Application|
|March 22, 2023||Business Studies- II|
|March 24, 2023||Gurmat Sangeet|
|March 27, 2023||Physical Education & Sports|
|March 28, 2023||Welcome Life|
|March 29, 2023||Home Science|
|March 31, 2023||Economics|
|April 1, 2023||Dance|
|April 3, 2023||Public Administration|
|April 5, 2023||Religion|
|April 6, 2023||NSQF Subjects – Prachoon / Automobiles/ Physical Education/ Information Technology/ Security/ Health & Lifestyle/ Travel & Tourism/ Agriculture/ Apparel/ Construction/ Plumbing/ Power|
|April 10, 2023||Psychology|
|April 11, 2023||History and appreciation of arts|
|April 12, 2023||Agriculture|
|April 13, 2023||Accountancy-II|
|April 15, 2023||Music Instrumental|
|April 17, 2023||Defence Studies|
|April 18, 2023||National Cadet Corps|
|April 19, 2023||Computer Science|
|April 20, 2023||Music (Tabla), Fundamentals of E-Business|
After downloading the PSEB hall ticket, all students are required to take a printout of their admit cards so that they can carry it along with them to the examination centre on days of exams. Students can check more details on the official website. All the best for exams!
What is the timing of Punjab Board 12 exam?
This exam is conducted for courses given below: Updated on Aug 1, 2023 12:43 IST PSEB 12th Compartment exam Date 2023: Punjab School Education Board (PSEB) released the Punjab Board Class 12 compartment exam 2023 date sheet. PSEB 12th compartment exam 2023 will be held from August 11 to September 6, 2023.
- The board released the PSEB 12th result 2023 by May 24 on the official website- pseb.ac.in.
- Students will be able to check their Punjab board 12th result 2023 using their roll number.
- The Board earlier released the new dates for the conduct of General English and Gurmat Sangeet exam 2023.
- According to the latest PSEB date sheet 2023 released by the board, the PSEB 12th General English exam 2023 were held on March 24 instead of February 24 while PSEB 12th Gurmat Sangeet exam 2023 was conducted on April 24 instead of March 24, 2023.
The Board had postponed the PSEB 12th English exam 2023 due to some administrative reasons. The Board began conducting the PSEB 12th exams 2023 from Feb 20. the exams went on till April 24, 2023. The Timings of the exam are 2:00 pm to 5:15 pm. Latest Update August 1: PSEB Class 10, 12 Compartment Exams 2023 from August 11, Check complete datesheet here The Board released the detailed Punjab Board 12th exam dates 2023 on January 25, 2023 and revised the same on February 18,
- The exam scheduled on Feb 6 of Environmental Education will now be conducted on April 21 keeping in mind the Hola Mahalla celebrations across the state.
- The students can check the same online on the official website – pseb.ac.in and on this page as well.
- The PSEB 12th board exams 2023 are being conducted between February 20 and April 24, 2023 in pen and paper mode.
PSEB 12th exams 2023 will be conducted from 2 pm to 5:15 pm. Punjab Board released the detailed PSEB 12th date sheet 2023 for science, arts and commerce streams in pdf format for regular and open students. Earlier, the board announced the PSEB 12th exam date.
Students can check the date sheet of class 12 2023 pseb below. The Board, earlier, released the PSEB 12th date sheet 2023 for pre-vocational, vocational, NSQF practical exams, The pre-vocational, vocational, NSQF practical exams 2023 were conducted between January 23 and February 1, 2023, These 3-hour practical exams were held in two shifts- morning between 10:00 am to 1:00 pm and in the evening between 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm.
There was on-the-job training for 7 days. The board conducted the practical exams following the Covid-19 guidelines. Students can find the PSEB date sheet 2023 for pre-vocational, vocational and NSQF Practical exams below. The online pseb.ac.in 12th date sheet 2023 contains subject-wise exam dates, timings and important instructions for exams.
What is the name of 12th board in Punjab?
PSEB 12th Exam 2023: Punjab School Education Board will conduct the PSEB 12th compartment exams 2023 from August 11 to September 6, 2023 in offline mode. The Board has released the PSEB 12th compartment date sheet 2023 on the official website- pseb.nic.in.
- Earlier, the Board released the PSEB 12th Result 2023 on May 24.
- Students can check the PSEB 12th result 2023 on the official website- pseb.ac.in TODAY, May 25 at 8 am.
- Students can check their Punjab Board 12th result 2023 using their roll number.
- The Board conducted PSEB 12th exams between February 20 and April 24 in pen and paper mode.
The timings of the exam were 2:00 pm to 5:15 pm. The pre-vocational, vocational, NSQF practical exams 2023 were conducted between January 23 and February 1, 2023. These 3-hour practical exams were held in two shifts- morning between 10:00 am to 1:00 pm and in the evening between 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm.
There was on-the-job training for 7 days. At the beginning of the session 2022-23, PSEB decided to conduct the Class 12th board exams ONLY ONCE. The board announced that it will base the PSEB Class 12 exams 2023 on the entire syllabus and old exam pattern. While speaking to the media, PSEB Examination Controller Janak Raj Mehrok said that the board will conduct board examinations for all classes based on the old pattern.
Also read: PSEB 12th Toppers 2023: Check Rank, Names and marks here! The Punjab School Education Board conducts the Class 12 board exams in the state. Students who have cleared their class 11 from any recognised education board and have studied Class 12 from any school affiliated with the board can appear for the examination.
- Students pursuing full-time or private Class 12th are eligible to appear for the board exams.
- The Board has prescribed the syllabus, exam pattern for PSEB Class 12 in the state.
- Every year, around 3 lakh students sit for the PSEB 12th exams.
- After successfully qualifying them, students can pursue the undergraduate courses as per their stream and interest.
The minimum percentage, required by students, to clear the 12th board exams is 33. Confused about which Course to choose after 12th? Punjab Board released the detailed Punjab Board 12th exam dates 2023 on January 25, 2023 and revised it on Feb 18. The exams are being held between February 20 and April 24.
The board announced PSEB date sheet 2023 class 12 on the official website. The date sheet mentions the exam dates, days and timings for all subjects. Click on the link provided to stay updated for the release of PSEB 12th date sheet. Last year, the board conducted the term 2 examinations from April 24 to May 23, 2022, in pen and paper mode.
The board had earlier released a detailed PSEB 10th term 2 date sheet in online mode on the official website.12th class date sheet PSEB for term 1 exams was released on November 23. Exams were held between December 13 and 22, 2021. The Board has released the PSEB 12th syllabus 2023 on the official website.
Students must check the complete PSEB class 12 syllabus 2023 by clicking on the link provided to know all the topics and chapters to be covered thoroughly for exams. According to the PSEB 12th Exam Pattern 2023, the minimum passing marks in PSEB 12th exams is 33. The PSEB 12th exams this year will be conducted ONLY ONCE.
It’ll be a 3 hour examination held in pen and paper mode. Students must go through the PSEB Class 12 Exam Pattern to get an insight into the marking scheme as well as the type of questions that are generally asked in the examination. Punjab School Education Board (PSEB) released the PSEB 12th Admit Card 2023 for regular students on the official website ten days before the beginning of exam.
The admit card is made available online only for schools to download using their login credentials. Students are required to collect their admit card at least a week prior to the examinations. Students preparing for the board examinations must solve, practice, and analyse the previous years’ question papers and PSEB 12th sample papers.
These will make one familiar with the exam pattern, marking scheme, and the type of questions that are asked in the exam every year. Click on the link provided to download the Punjab Board 12th sample papers, Q: Where can I check PSEB 12th result 2023? A: You can check Punjab Board 12th result 2023 on the official website of Punjab Board on pseb.ac.in.
Q: When will the PSEB 12th result 2023 be declared? A: The Punjab School Education Board released the PSEB 12th result 2023 on May 24, 2023. Q: When will the Board release PSEB 12th Date Sheet 2023? A: Punjab Board released the detailed PSEB date sheet 2023 class 12 on January 25, 2023 and revised the same on Feb 18.
the exams were conducted between Feb 20 and April 24, 2023. Q: When will the PSEB 12th Exams 2023 be conducted? A: Punjab board conducted the PSEB exams 2023 from February 20 till April 24, 2023. Q: What is the mode of PSEB 12th Exams 2023? A: PSEB 12th Exams 2023 are held in pen and paper (offline) mode.
Q: Who are eligible to appear for the PSEB 12th Exam 2023? A: Students who have cleared class 10 exam from a recognized school and have passed in class 11 exam are eligible to appear for the PSEB 12th Exam 2023. Q: What are the subjects included in PSEB 12th Exam 2023? A: The subjects included in PSEB 12th Exam 2023 are English, Punjabi, Physics, Accountancy, Education, Economics, Chemistry, Business Studies, Political Science, Biology, History, Mathematics, Computer Science & Application, Biotechnology and more.
Q: What is the difficulty level of the PSEB 12th Exams? A: The overall difficulty level of the PSEB 12th Exam is Easy to Moderate.
What is Punjab Board website?
New 2022-23 official site of PSEB is www.pseb-ac.in PSEB is one of the most trusted education boards in Punjab. The official website of PSEB is www-pseb-ac.in,Punjab School Education Board was established in 1969 in Punjab with Vidhan Sabha amended the Board’s Act.
- PSEB provides education to about 50 lakhs students every year.
- The reason for this popularity is facilities provided by pseb ac in.
- Punjab School Education Board provides all model question papers for all classes.
- PSEB date sheet & Pseb.ac.in India Result.com are declared on the official site of www-pseb-ac.in and you can check more details at PSEB school login.
In each quarter PSEB Result is available at India Result Com. So see how Punjab School Education Board make efforts to run all school and education in a mannered way.
How can I check my 12 Punjab Board result?
PSEB 12th Result 2023 (OUT) | Punjab Board 12 Class Result | pseb.ac.in 12th result @pseb.ac.in PSEB 12th Result 2023: Check the Punjab PSEB 12th result 2023 on the official website www.pseb.ac.in. Punjab School Education Board has released the class 12th results of three streams which are Science, Commerce, and Arts on its official portal today at 2:30 PM.
- Students who have enrolled in the exam in these streams can visit the official website through the link and check the PSEB 12th Result 2022.
- The hard copy of the results will be handed over to students from their respective schools only.
- The Punjab Secondary Education Board (PSEB) exams began on 20th February 2023 and are conducted till 24th April 2023.
Students visited exam centers and were given papers from 2:00 PM to 5:15 PM. Now the result has been out for these exams. We have shared more details related to the exam and result, read here. Latest Update: There is great news for the students waiting for the Punjab Board 12th Result.
|Board||Punjab Secondary Education Board Result|
|Website||(Link given below)|
|Exam||Senior Secondary Exam (10+2)|
|Date||Term 1: December 2022, Term 2: April 2023|
|Result||PSEB 12th Board Result|
|Result Date||24th May 2023 at 2:30 PM|
The Punjab Board 12th Result 2023 date and time is 24th May 2023 at 2:30 PM. As the exams were conducted during February and April and the exam results have now been released. The administration checked all the copies strictly in this session and the results are out now. Students can check important links for official results online. Visit our post again. Some important dates related to the Punjab Secondary Education Board Class 12th result are provided below.
|PSEB 12th Exam Date||20th February to 21st April, 2023|
|PSEB 12th Result||24th May 2023|
|PSEB 12th Revaluation Application||Expected: June 2023|
|PSEB 12th Revaluation Result||Expected: July 2023|
|PSEB 12th Compartment Exam||Expected: August 2023|
|PSEB 12th Compartment Result||Expected: August 2023|
The result of the PSEB 12th result 2023 is out now and the topper list has been updated on the official portal. Students can visit the official website to check the same. The full list has been given by the officials which students can check on their official website.
|RANK||STUDENT NAME||MARKS||OUT OF||PERCENTAGE|
You can also visit the official portal of the Punjab Secondary Education Board to check your result. Before visiting the website make sure you have the details related to you. You have to enter all details correctly on the portal or it will show an error. The details you will require to check Punjab PSEB 12th result 2023 are:
Roll Number Father’s Name/ Mother’s Name Date of Birth
The results are available online and students can check it through different mediums. These are through an online portal using roll number or name, or through an SMS app using class and roll number. There are only a few days left for the result so make sure you know how to check PSEB 12th class result online. The modes to check results are:
Online Roll Number Name SMS
The easiest way to check 12th-class PSEB results online is to visit the online portal. Follow these steps to know more. Visit the official portal of PSEB: https://www.pseb.ac.in/ Click on PSEB 12TH Result 2023. The result will be shown on the screen. Download the result on your phone. OR
Visit the official portal of PSEB: https://www.pseb.ac.in/ Click on PSEB 12TH Result 2023. Enter your name. Click on Find Result. The result list with the entered name will be shown. Enter other details. Your result will be shown.
Students who are facing loading or error problems on their Class 12th PSEB result 2023 can use SMS methods on their phones. That brings direct results with no error. Follow these steps for it.
Open the SMS app. Type: PB12 Send it to 5676750 number. You will get your result within a few seconds.
Once you have downloaded your class 12th PSEB 2023 result, it will include some important details make sure to check them. The details you will find on the result are:
Roll Number Name Registration Number Father’s Name Mother’s Name School Category Stream Subjects Marks (Theory and Practical) Grade Status (Fail or Pass)
This was our full guide on Punjab PSEB 12th result 2023. We hope you have found our guide informative and the information listed here, reliable. What are your views on PSEB 12th result? Share your views in the comment section.
What is the fees of 12th Punjab Board?
The last date to pay PSEB 10th, 12th board exam fee without late fee is December 10. PSEB Board Exams 2021: The Punjab School Education Board (PSEB) released the registration dates for PSEB Class 10 and PSEB Class 12 board exams, for regular and open schools, to be held in March next year.
PSEB 10th and PSEB 12th students must note that according to official information, the last date to pay the board exam fee without late fee is December 10. Students can also pay the PSEB 10th, 12th registration fee up to January 22 with a late fee of Rs 2,000. PSEB Class 10 board exam fee is Rs 800. Candidates will have to pay Rs 100 extra for each practical subject and Rs 350 per additional subject.
PSEB Class 12 board exam fee is Rs 1,200 with Rs 150 per practical subject and Rs 350 per additional subject. Latest Update: PSEB 12th Results 2021 Declared
What is the fees of Punjab board exam?
PSEB Board Registration Fee Details – Last year’s exam registration fee for class 10th was Rs.800/- with an additional Rs.100/- per practical subject and Rs 350/- per extra subject. The fee for class 12th students is Rs 1200/- with Rs 150/- per practical subject and Rs 350/- per extra subject.
What is the total marks for 12th Punjab board?
PSEB 12th Marks Distribution for Commerce Subjects 2024 – Students can find details of the Commerce stream marks distribution for the following subject in the table below:
|Subjects||Total Marks||Theory||Practicals||CCE||Min Pass Mark|
|Business Economics & Quantitative Methods-II||100||80||–||20||33|
|Fundamentals of E-Business||100||80||15||5||33|
Is Punjab Board result Declared 2023?
Punjab Class 12th Result 2023 Link – The Punjab Board has declared the PSEB 12th Result 2023 on 24th May 2023. The official link to check the Punjab Board 12th Result will be activated on 25th May 2023 at 10 am. Students can access their results by visiting the official website or using the provided direct link.
What is the website of Punjab Board 12th result 2023?
PSEB 12th Result 2023 has been announced on May 24, 2023 by the Punjab School Education Board. A direct link to download or check the Punjab Board 12th Result 2023 for Science, Commerce, and Arts streams is available on May 25, 2023 by 08:00 am on the official website at https://www.pseb.ac.in/ and result portal at http://punjab-12th-result.indiaresults.com/pb/pseb/result-of-12-class-march-2023/mquery.htm for students who sat for the exams.
- A huge number of aspirants have taken Punjab Class 12 board exam this year and all of them are now waiting the PSEB 12th Result 2023.
- The Punjab School Education Board (PSEB) is responsible for conducting the Class 12 board exams in the state of Punjab.
- The board conducts these exams annually for students who have completed their secondary education and are looking to pursue further studies.
The pseb.ac.in 12th Result 2023 is eagerly awaited by students who have appeared for the exams. pseb.ac.in 12th Result 2023 (OUT) pseb.ac.in 2023 Result 12th Class (Out) The PSEB 12th Result 2023 is released on 24 May 2023. The board released the result on its official website, https://www.pseb.ac.in/ and http://punjab.indiaresults.com/.
|Conducting Body||Punjab School Education Board|
|Exam||PSEB 12th Annual 2023|
|Status||To be released|
|PSEB 12th Exam 2023||March 22 to 27 April 2023|
|PSEB 12th Result 2023||24 May 2023 (Declared)|
|PSEB 12th Class Result 2023 Link||Click Here (Available)|
|St u dents Appeared||3 Lakh (Approximately)|
|Credentials Required||Roll Number|
|Official Website||https://www.pseb.ac.in/ http://punjab.indiaresults.com/|
How can I check my Punjab Board result 2023?
Steps to check Punjab Board Class 10 Result 2023 via SMS –
- Punjab Board Class 10 Result 2023 can also be checked through SMS services through the below-mentioned steps.
- Step 1- Type an SMS in the format: PB10,
- Step 2- Send to 5676750.
- Step 3- The PSEB 10th Result 2023 is sent via SMS to the same number.
Which board is best in Punjab Pakistan?
Federal Board: Pros & Cons – Pros: Federal board, is a far better option of the board, if you are living in any province other than Sindh, in Pakistan. to be a part of any university of Punjab province, Islamabad, or even Khyber Pakhtunkhwa you need to come from the same educational background as the Federal board.
- For people coming from the forces background, this is the perfect place to be in as they need to transfer every few years.
- The good thing about this board is the curriculum is more or less the same in every school, hence children do not go through a big blow when their families are posted to some other location.
Cons: As discussed above; Federal Board, may not be the best choice in your interest if you want to enroll in a university in Sindh as very few schools and colleges offer this board, especially in Karachi.
What is a grade percentage in Punjab board?
Punjab Board Grading System 2023 for Class 10th & 12th
What are the grades in Punjab board?
Grade Percentage A+ 80% and above. A 70% to 79% B 60% to 69% C 50% to 59% D 40% to 50% Fail Less than 40%.
Who is the topper of Punjab Class 12 2023?
PSEB 12th Toppers 2023: Shriya Singla is the second topper with 498 marks and Navpreet Kaur ranked 3rd with 497 marks. – PSEB 12th toppers 2023 NEW DELHI: Sujan Kaur from Mansa has secured the first rank in the Punjab Board Class 12 exams 2023 by scoring 500 marks. The Punjab School Education Board (PSEB) has declared PSEB 12th result 2023 today. Students will be able to check Punjab Board 12th result 2023 on the official website – pseb.ac.in.
Latest: PSEB Class 12th Sample Papers Don’t Miss: PSEB Class 12th Syllabus 2023-24 Admissions Open @Chandigarh University. Ranked #29 by NIRF. Register Now Admissions Open @Lovely Professional University. Highest CTC 3 Crores. Apply Now While Kaur from Dashmesh Convent Senior Secondary School of Sardulgarh has grabbed the top position in Class 12 exams, Shriya Singla of MSD Senior Secondary Public School in Bathinda is the second topper with 498 marks and 99.60%.
Navpreet Kaur of BCM Senior Secondary School Jamalpur Colony, Ludhiana secured the third rank with 497 marks and 99.40%.
Is Punjab Board result Declared?
PSEB Result 2023- Punjab School Education Board releases the result for Classes 5, 8, 10, and 12 in online mode. PSEB Class 10 result 2023 has been announced on May 26 at 11:30 am. Earlier, the board had announced the PSEB 8th result 2023 on April 28, 2023 and PSEB 5th result on April 6, 2023.
How can I get Punjab Board result?
PSEB 10th Result 2023 (Link OUT) Check Online @www.pseb.ac.in PSEB 10th Result 2023 is released on May 26, 2023 at 11:30 am but the link checks to the result is available on 27th May 2023 at 8:00 AM, Candidates who have appeared in the Matriculation exam can check the official website, http://punjab-10th-result.indiaresults.com/pb/pseb/class-10th-exam-result-2023/mquery.htm and https://www.pseb.ac.in/, to get updated information regarding the announcement of Punjab Board 10th Result 2023.
Which board is costly in India?
Top Education Boards in India, Best Education Board in India Parents can choose between a variety of education boards in India. India’s education system has undergone significant changes in the past few years. Innovative approaches are being applied in The framework is working to ensure that students receive a top-notch education; and a lot more.
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- Indian School Certificate (ISC)
- Indian School Certificate Examinations (ISCE)
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS)
- State Boards in India
- Andhra Pradesh Board of Intermediate Education (BIEAP)
- Andhra Pradesh Board of Secondary Education (BSEA)
- Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB)
- Board of Secondary Education Rajasthan (RBSE)
- Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education (CGBSE)
- Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSEB)
- Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education (HPBOSE)
- Haryana Board of School Education (HBSE)
- Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education (JKBOSE)
- Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education (MPBSE)
- Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (MSBSHSE)
- Punjab School Education Board (PSEB)
- Uttar Pradesh State Board of High School and Intermediate Education (UP Board)
- West Bengal Board of Secondary Education (WBBSE)
- West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE)
Source: EduFund If you’re looking to figure out what’s good and bad about different syllabi and education boards, here’s a list of the most popular and best education boards in India for education. State boards are amongst the most popular education boards in India.
- It focuses on state-level subjects and local material, allowing students to prepare for state-level professional and healthcare admission exams.
- Some state boards have mandated all schools to use only NCERT texts, which are required for students to prepare for pan-India exams.
- The medium of instruction is the state’s regional language along with English.
- The syllabus is designed by the Department of Education of the specific government. For example, the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education is given by the local government’s education department.
- Domicile students of the state have an advantage over other students.
- The syllabus recognizes and includes the local culture and traditions
- State boards are relatively cost-effective and have affordable fee structures
- The syllabus is easy to understand when compared to other boards. It is customized for state students.
- The second language is generally the state language which strengthens the love for languages and helps the students learn their mother tongue academically.
- The state board schools are relatively cheaper and more affordable. The tuition fees are less when compared to private schools offering CBSE, Cambridge, or IB board.
- It is easy to score in state boards than in national boards like CBSE, ICSE, or IB.
- State boards offer lesser competition and allow students to grow at their own pace.
- The state board’s syllabus is not uniform and can be tough for students whose parents move a lot across India.
- State boards offer limited subjects and may have a regional bias based on the state. The syllabus is generally influenced by the state, its language, local culture, and history.
- State boards are not an ideal choice for higher education as they may not be accepted by all universities.
- Marking schemes are lax and allow students to score better in exams but these scores are not real indicators of academic excellence.
- State board books are not a standard material for national entrance exams and students may have to buy NCERT books along with their state board books to prepare for 12 th and entrance exams.
CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) is one of India’s most important and possibly most widely recognized education boards. CBSE has managed this by implementing traditional teaching frameworks in most of the country’s schools. This also refers to the national level board that is followed by many private and public schools around the country.
- The board gives exams to both regular and private students.
- Candidates interested in distance learning can apply for admissions and evaluations.
- Following grade 10, CBSE offers a variety of subjects in science, business, and humanities to its students.
- After completing high school, students can submit applications to various universities for further education.
CBSE is the most widely used and recognized board in India today. CBSE has succeeded in establishing a universal education board for the majority of schools in the country. It is also the national scale board, used in many private and public schools around the country.
- CBSE offers a uniform curriculum across states in India
- CBSE board is the oldest and most popular board in India
- It conducts 10 th and 12 th board exams across the nation and is responsible for conducting national exams for admissions to dental, medical, and engineering colleges.
- CBSE uses English and Hindi as a medium of instruction. It also uses other regional languages. CBSE syllabus is relatively easier when compared to other boards. It’s a combination of practical and theoretical knowledge.
- CBSE offers over 211 subjects to students to help them pursue a wide range of careers. There are popular subjects like science, maths, and career-oriented subjects like business studies, legal aptitude, psychology, and entrepreneurship to focus on career development.
- The CBSE syllabus is uniform across India. This means students whose parents are constantly on the move due to their jobs can easily adapt without any academic lag.
- The CBSE is responsible for conducting national-level entrance exams for engineering, health, and dental institutes. Students preparing for these exams can make use of their NCERT textbooks to prepare for the paper without any extra work or stress.
- There are over 24000 schools in India that offer CBSE boards to students. It is one of the oldest education boards in India and a trusted education provider since 1929.
- The syllabus is easily accessible on the NCERT website and students can download it for free.
- The focus is on theoretical knowledge and rote learning over practical and experimental learning.
- The syllabus is not as challenging and students are forced to mug up answers to excel in exams rather than learn concepts in a unique fashion.
- Students are encouraged to be free-minded and individualist. They are required to follow textbooks and focus on gaining marks over real skills and research acumen.
- The syllabus is standardized which means that it does not focus on local culture and learning.
- CBSE books are expensive when compared to state board books.
- Focus is on subjects like science and mathematics and it might prove difficult for students to excel in school if these subjects are not their strong suits.
- Regional bias towards the Emphasis Hindi language. Many CBSE-run schools require students to study Hindi as a second or third language which can be lengthy and tough on students whose primary language is not Hindi.
Advantages and Disadvantages of the CBSE Board Approximately 35 lakh students appeared for the CBSE board exams 2022, which includes 21 lakh Class 10 and 14 lakh Class 12 students. CBSE is far more accommodating to students than state boards. Its course structure guarantees that school children do not encounter a huge amount of pressure, and texts are made engaging and informative. The ICSE, or Indian Certificate for Secondary Education, provides a fantastic program that reflects on the fundamentals and principles of ideas. It is yet another of India’s practical education boards. The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination is a private school board in India.
- ICSE uses English as a medium of instruction
- It focuses on practical and experimental learning over rote learning.
- It offers a variety of subjects and extracurriculars for students to excel and encourage overall development
- ICSE helps students prepare for English proficiency exams like TOEFL and IELTS. It is helpful for students who wish to appear for SAT and ACT exams for US undergraduate admissions.
- ICSE board has a vast syllabus that covers different topics in great detail and provides students with a comprehensive understanding of each subject.
- Students from the ICSE board have an impressive command of the English language as compared to other boards. It only uses English as a medium of instruction. This is extremely if your child is planning to study abroad or appear for competitive exams like IELTS, TOEFL, and SAT. It will give your child an edge over others.
- From fashion design to legal studies, students can study a lot of subjects under the ICSE board.
- ICSE focuses on practical learning and goes beyond textbooks. It encourages students to apply their learning in the classroom to real life.
- ICSE board is internationally recognized and over 2500 schools in India use the ICSE board. ICSE board is one of the oldest boards in India and was founded in 1958.
- The board is extremely advantageous for students who wish to develop a strong command of the English language to study abroad.
- There is no bias when it comes to subject preference and students are encouraged to participate in physical activities.
- ICSE only uses English as a medium of instruction and no other language. This can be alienating for students who are well-versed in Hindi, Marathi, or other regional languages.
- ICSE has a vast syllabus that leaves little room for extracurriculars and physical activities.
- There is no special advantage or preference given to ICSE when it comes to studying abroad applications. It can help students crack TOEFL and IELTS but it does not guarantee admission.
- ICSE board is more expensive than the governing board or CBSE board. However, this too differs from school to school.
- In order to appear for ICSE board-led exams, students have to be enrolled in an ICSE-run school. This is an option under boards like CBSE or state boards where students can appear for the exam.
- Not a good option for students whose parents travel a lot. ICSE board is not offered by a majority of schools and it can be tough for students who are on the move.
Sending your child to IB Board CISCE is run by the private companies’ national education board in India which controls the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) and the Indian School Certificate (ISC) for grades 10 and 12. It was established in 1958.
- The CISCE is affiliated with around 2,100 schools in India and across the world.
- The Council conducts annual evaluations for Grades 10 and 12 in February and March.
- The board only gives exams to regular children.
- The National Open Schooling Institute’s (NIOS) purpose is to create a system of education that is adaptable and accessible to all children.
It was among India’s numerous student-friendly education boards. It is child-centered and assists individuals in developing decisions about what to study and how or when to learn. The NIOS is a national board that administers intermediate and post-secondary exams similar to the CBSE and CISCE.
- NIOS is an open learning school board for students of all age groups.
- It is an alternative for students who have gap years, disabled students, and students who cannot afford regular school.
- NIOS is flexible and offers students an opportunity to study remotely.
- It is an option for parents who wish to home-school their children and design their own curriculum.
- NIOS is an open school and the biggest advantage of this education board is that it offers flexibility in terms of classes, attendance, courses, subjects, and time period. Students can complete a year in 4-5 years, and choose their courses and subjects.
- There is no age bar. Students of all age groups can enroll in any course and complete their schooling.
- NIOS conducts public exams twice a year for students.
- NIOS board paves the way to study at top universities and colleges.
- There are special facilities for students who are disabled. They are free to give exams at their own pace and complete the course as well.
- It is recognized by the government of India and completes their schooling to apply for higher education.
- It is extremely cost-effective and can help parents a lot of money. This is extremely useful for parents who want to home-school their children.
- There is no teacher supervision and students who not have proper guidance for subjects.
- There is no structure for choosing subjects. Students may end up opting for subjects that do not prepare them for college or higher education.
- Students have to opt for private tuition and self-study as they are no classrooms.
- Students miss out on the class environment and school experience.
- NIOS board does not help students prepare for particular exams or study abroad.
- Students have to be self-motivated and driven to excel in this board.
The is a non-profit academic organization that is one of India’s top-tier education boards, giving better educational opportunities to kids aged 3 to 19. The IB schools are regarded as distinguished while also being expensive. It offers three key initiatives: the Primary Year (KG to Class 5), the Middle Year (Class 6 to Class 10) Program, and the Graduation Program (Class 11 and Class 12).
- IB board is an international board recognized in 160 countries.
- It offers a variety of subjects, extracurriculars, and sports to students.
- It helps students prepare for study abroad applications and has a curriculum designed to enable students to excel in foreign universities.
- The board offers 4 main programs called IB Primary Years Programme (PYP), IB Middle Years Programme (MYP), IB Diploma Programme (DP), and IB Career-Related Programme (CP).
- IB is a global program with 5000 schools in 160 countries. It is easily the most recognized and popular board in the world.
- IB offers students global exposure and the learning approach is dynamic and international.
- IB board prepares students for studying abroad and the transition to foreign universities is relatively smoother for IB students because the curriculum is global.
- IB board is great for skill building and gives equal importance to academics and extracurriculars.
- IB board helps with study abroad applications by offering subjects like essays and by including extracurriculars that add value to the student’s application.
- IB board also offers students constant guidance and has a great teacher-to-student ratio when compared to other boards.
- IB board is expensive and it can cost up to Rs.3-4 lakhs per annum to send your child to this board.
- IB helps with study abroad applications but does not guarantee students a place in Ivy League or foreign universities.
- IB board schools in India are limited and generally located at the outskirts.
- The syllabus for students in 11 th and 12 th can be overwhelming. Students may feel burdened by the workload in their final year because they have to manage university applications and exams together.
- IB board lacks flexibility in subject selection. Students cannot opt for 2 subjects together from the same category (there are 6 categories and all subjects have to opt for one subject from one category)
Source: EduFund Here is a short comparison to help you decide whether CBSE is harder than IB and ICSE! The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is the most widely recognized and popular board in India. It follows a comprehensive curriculum and offers a range of subjects across various disciplines.
- With over 16,000 schools from 25 countries affiliated with it, CBSE provides a balanced education that caters to the diverse needs of students.
- The Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) board is known for its rigorous and comprehensive curriculum.
- The ICSE syllabus covers a wide range of subjects, including languages, sciences, humanities, and vocational courses.
The board emphasizes analytical thinking, research-oriented study methods, and an in-depth understanding of concepts. As a result, the ICSE board is considered more challenging than the CBSE board. The International Baccalaureate (IB) board offers a globally recognized curriculum that focuses on holistic education.
The IB curriculum is known for its rigorous academic standards, emphasis on critical thinking, and international-mindedness. It encourages students to develop skills such as research, inquiry, and independent learning. The IB board does not delineate a prescribed list of textbooks and syllabi, providing schools with more flexibility in designing their curriculum.
Consequently, the IB curriculum is considered more challenging than both CBSE and ICSE. While comparing the difficulty levels of these boards, it is crucial to understand that the perception of difficulty can vary among students. Some students may find the CBSE curriculum more manageable due to its structured approach and clear guidelines.
On the other hand, students who prefer a more comprehensive and research-oriented curriculum may find the ICSE board more challenging. The IB curriculum stands out in terms of its demanding nature. Its focus on interdisciplinary studies, extended essays, and the Theory of Knowledge (TOK) course requires students to delve deep into subjects and engage critically with knowledge.
The IB’s emphasis on independent research and international perspectives adds another layer of complexity to the curriculum. Selecting the best board for your child’s future depends on their interests, strengths, and career goals. CBSE is a reliable choice for students who prefer a structured curriculum and aim for competitive examinations in India.
- ICSE, with its extensive syllabus and focus on analytical thinking, is suitable for students who enjoy academic challenges and aspire to pursue research-oriented careers.
- The IB board, with its global perspective and emphasis on critical thinking, is an excellent choice for students seeking international exposure and considering universities abroad.
- The IB curriculum nurtures skills such as collaboration, cultural awareness, and independent thinking, preparing students for a wide range of academic and professional opportunities.
Which board is best for education in India? CBSE is the most popular and preferred education board in India. There are over 24000 schools that offer CBSE curriculum to their students. Which is the No 1 Board in India? CBSE is considered the no.1 education board in India because of its popularity and uniformity.
Is CBSE better than ICSE? CBSE is more popular than ICSE. Both are their set of merits and demerits and parents can choose the education board in India that matches their child’s academic preferences and interests. Which education board is the biggest in India? CBSE is the biggest education board in India.
Is ICSE harder than CBSE? Yes, ICSE is considered tougher than CBSE because of its vast syllabus. However, the difficulty level differs from student to student. What is the difference between CBSE, ICSE, and IB boards? CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education), ICSE (Indian Certificate of Secondary Education), and IB (International Baccalaureate) are different educational boards in India.
- CBSE follows a structured curriculum, ICSE emphasizes analytical thinking and research-oriented study methods, while IB offers a globally recognized and holistic curriculum.
- How does the IB curriculum differ from CBSE and ICSE? Unlike CBSE and ICSE, the IB curriculum does not have a prescribed list of textbooks and syllabi.
It offers a more flexible and interdisciplinary approach to learning. The IB curriculum places a strong emphasis on critical thinking, independent research, and international-mindedness, making it distinct from CBSE and ICSE. Which board is best for preparing students for competitive exams? CBSE is often preferred for students preparing for competitive exams in India due to its focused curriculum and alignment with national-level entrance exams like JEE and NEET.
- The syllabus of CBSE covers topics in a structured manner, facilitating exam preparation.
- Which board is considered the toughest in India? The perception of difficulty varies among students, but the IB curriculum is generally considered more challenging than CBSE and ICSE.
- The ICSE board is known for its comprehensive and rigorous syllabus, making it relatively tougher compared to CBSE.
These are some of the best education boards in India for schooling. Each board has its own set of merits and demerits so make an informed decision before enrolling your child. Parents can also switch the school board based on their child’s changing interests and help them advance in their dreams!
Which is best CBSE or Punjab board?
All the boards, Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and Punjab School Education Board (PSEB) are good and have been established for around 50-55 years now. So taking admission in any of these boards is equally good.
What is the name of Punjab board?
PSEB 10th Result 2023
|Board Name||Punjab School Education Board (PSEB)|
|Exam name||PSEB 10th Board Exam|
What is the official website of Punjab Board 10th class?
Punjab Board 10th Exam 2023 Details –
|Board Name||Punjab School Education Board (PSEB)|
|Exam Type||Board Examination|
|Exam Dates||24 March 2023 to 20 April 2023|
|PSEB 10th Result 2023 Release Date||26th May 2023|
What is the last date of Punjab Open Board?
PSEB Open School Admission 2022-23 : Punjab Open School 10th, 12th Registration Begins If our Website helped you a little, then kindly spread our voice using Social Networks. Spread our word to your readers, friends, teachers, students & all those close ones who deserve to know what you know now.
Punjab School Education Board (PSEB) has commenced Punjab open school admission for Classes 10, 12. Students can apply for PSEB open school admission 2022-23 on the official website of Punjab board – pseb.ac.in. The last date to apply for Class 10, 12 open school admissions is July 31 without late fee.
“Punjab School Education Board has released the schedule for admissions in classes 10th and 12th through Open School System for the session 2022-23. Interested candidates can apply online for admission through portal on web-site link www.pseb.ac.in, as per given directions and instructions by Board,” reads PSEB’s official notification.
“Candidates are advised not to pay any fee other than their admission and examination fee to be paid online directly to the Punjab School Education Board,” PSEB added.
Students can find prospectus for admission and PSEB open school syllabus for various subjects at pseb.ac.in. Any change in admission dates or schedule will be intimated through public notice or press note. PSEB Open School Admission 2022-23 : Steps to Apply
Go to the official website of PSEB – pseb.ac.in Read the instructions carefully before applying for admission by clicking on ‘Matric open school registration’ and ‘Senior Secondary open school registration; Login using application number and password Fill the open school application form 2022 and upload all necessary documents Pay the PSEB open school fee and submit the application form. Save the PSEB open school admission 2022-23 application form for future reference.
: PSEB Open School Admission 2022-23 : Punjab Open School 10th, 12th Registration Begins