Will 3rd January 2023 be a bank holiday?
Bank holidays are always a highlight for many of us, with the promise of a long weekend getting many through the week. Every year, hard-working Brits get a handful of days off thanks to bank holidays, We were handed two extra bank holidays in 2022 in honour of Her late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
One to celebrate her historic Platinum Jubilee where the nation came to together to celebrate her 70-year reign and a second as the world mourned following her death on September 6 and the UK paid tribute with a state funeral 10 days later. A number of bank holiday dates have already been confirmed for 2023, though more could be owed to us by the time 2023 comes around.
These are the 2023 bank holiday dates confirmed so far:
January 2 – New Year’s Day (Substitute day) January 3 – 2nd January (substitute day), Scotland only April 7 – Good Friday April 10 – Easter Monday May 1 – Early May bank holiday May 29 – Spring bank holiday August 7 – Summer bank holiday, Scotland only August 28 – Summer bank holiday, England and Wales only November 30 – St Andrew’s Day, Scotland only Monday, December 25 – Christmas Day Tuesday, December 26 – Boxing Day
If a bank holiday is on a weekend, a ‘substitute’ weekday becomes a bank holiday, normally the following Monday. Further bank holidays could still be added to the 2023 calendar, with “all options” still on the table for a possible bank holiday to mark the coronation of King Charles III on May 6.
Is 2nd Jan 2023 a bank holiday?
The State Bank of Pakistan will remain closed for public dealing on Monday, January 2, 2023, which will be observed as ‘Bank Holiday’. All banks / DFIs / MFBs shall, therefore, remain closed for public dealing on the aforementioned date.
Is 2nd January 2023 a bank holiday UK?
Which bank holidays are changing this year? – New Year’s Day 2023 fell on a Sunday, therefore the New Year’s Day bank holiday was on Monday, January 2, 2023. Good Friday fell late in 2022, on April 15, but in 2023 it returned to the first week of April, on April 7. The UK also got an extra bank holiday for King Charles III’s coronation on May 8.
Is Monday January 2 a holiday in 2023?
Showing: all For: Jump to: Next JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV | DEC
|1 Jan||Sunday||New Year’s Day||Regular Holiday|
|2 Jan||Monday||Special non-working day after New Year||Special Non-working Holiday|
|22 Jan||Sunday||Lunar New Year’s Day||Observance|
|23 Jan||Monday||First Philippine Republic Day||Special Working Day|
|18 Feb||Saturday||Lailatul Isra Wal Mi Raj||Common local holiday|
|24 Feb||Friday||Day off for People Power Anniversary||Special Non-working Holiday|
|25 Feb||Saturday||People Power Anniversary||Special Non-working Holiday|
|21 Mar||Tuesday||March Equinox||Season|
|23 Mar||Thursday||Ramadan Start||Observance|
|6 Apr||Thursday||Maundy Thursday||Regular Holiday|
|7 Apr||Friday||Good Friday||Regular Holiday|
|8 Apr||Saturday||Black Saturday||Special Non-working Holiday|
|9 Apr||Sunday||Easter Sunday||Observance|
|9 Apr||Sunday||The Day of Valor||Observance|
|10 Apr||Monday||The Day of Valor||Regular Holiday|
|21 Apr||Friday||Eidul-Fitar Holiday||Regular Holiday|
|1 May||Monday||Labor Day||Regular Holiday|
|12 Jun||Monday||Independence Day||Regular Holiday|
|21 Jun||Wednesday||June Solstice||Season|
|28 Jun||Wednesday||Eid al-Adha (Feast of the Sacrifice)||Regular Holiday|
|29 Jun||Thursday||Eid al-Adha Day 2 (Tentative Date)||Common local holiday|
|19 Jul||Wednesday||Amun Jadid||Muslim, Common local holiday|
|21 Aug||Monday||Ninoy Aquino Day||Special Non-working Holiday|
|28 Aug||Monday||National Heroes Day||Regular Holiday|
|3 Sep||Sunday||Yamashita Surrender Day||Special Working Day|
|8 Sep||Friday||Feast of the Nativity of Mary||Special Working Day|
|23 Sep||Saturday||September Equinox||Season|
|27 Sep||Wednesday||Maulid un-Nabi (Tentative Date)||Common local holiday|
|1 Nov||Wednesday||All Saints’ Day||Special Non-working Holiday|
|2 Nov||Thursday||All Souls’ Day||Special Non-working Holiday|
|27 Nov||Monday||Bonifacio Day||Regular Holiday|
|30 Nov||Thursday||Bonifacio Day||Observance|
|8 Dec||Friday||Feast of the Immaculate Conception||Special Non-working Holiday|
|22 Dec||Friday||December Solstice||Season|
|24 Dec||Sunday||Christmas Eve||Observance|
|25 Dec||Monday||Christmas Day||Regular Holiday|
|30 Dec||Saturday||Rizal Day||Regular Holiday|
|31 Dec||Sunday||New Year’s Eve||Special Non-working Holiday|
No holidays shown? That’s because you didn’t select any holiday types. Please check at least one of the boxes. While we diligently research and update our holiday dates, some of the information in the table above may be preliminary. If you find an error, please let us know,
Show holidays on a calendar | Print holidays to PDF
How many UK bank holidays are there in 2023?
How Many Bank Holidays Are Happening In 2023? – The number of UK public holidays in 2023 depends on where you reside. In England and Wales, you can count on nine bank holidays taking place in 2023. In Scotland, add an extra for a total of ten bank holidays, with the highest being eleven holidays in Northern Ireland.
Is the 2nd and 3rd of June 2023 a bank holiday?
Will there be a bank holiday for the coronation? – The date of King Charles’ coronation falls on a Saturday, and it has not yet been confirmed whether there will be any arrangements for a bank holiday before or after weekend. Coronations have not traditionally been held on a weekend, with the late Queen’s taking place on Tuesday 2 June 1953, King Charles III will be crowned at his coronation on Saturday 6 May 2023 (Photo: AFP/Getty Images) Jacob Rees-Mogg, the Business Secretary, hinted that a new public holiday was a possibility following the announcement of the coronation date, He told the BBC: “I think that having a bank holiday for a coronation seems to me the eminently suitable thing to do.
- But there is a process that has to be gone through and it has to be approved ultimately by the Privy Council.” An extra bank holiday is being backed by Britain’s tourism industry despite fears it may stifle economic growth.
- VisitBritain, the national tourism agency, said if the coronation of King Charles was marked with an bank holiday it would be a “welcome and valuable boost” that could help to “kick-start the season.” For the jubilee, the spring bank holiday at the end of May was moved to Thursday 2 June and Friday 3 June became an additional bank holiday, creating a four-day weekend.
But the two-day bank holiday was partially blamed after the UK economy contracted by 0.6 per cent in June.
Is bank holiday on 2 january 2023 in Pakistan?
The list of Pakistan public holidays in 2023 is: –
|Jan 2||Monday||New Year Bank Holiday||banks|
|Jan 30||Monday||Public Holiday (UAE president visit) (Islamabad)||municipal|
|Feb 5||Sunday||Kashmir Solidarity Day|
|Mar 23||Thursday||Pakistan Day|
|Mar 23||Thursday||Start of Ramadan Bank Holiday||banks|
|Mar 24||Friday||Bank Holiday (Zakat deduction)||banks|
|Apr 21||Friday||Eidul Fitr Holiday|
|Apr 22||Saturday||Eidul Fitr (End of Ramadan)|
|Apr 23||Sunday||Eidul Fitr Holiday|
|Apr 24||Monday||Eidul Fitr Holiday|
|Apr 25||Tuesday||Eidul Fitr Holiday|
|May 1||Monday||Labour Day|
|June 28||Wednesday||Eidul Azha Holiday|
|June 29||Thursday||Eidul Azha (Feast of Sacrifice)|
|June 30||Friday||Eidul Azha Holiday|
|July 1||Saturday||Eidul Azha Holiday|
|July 3||Monday||July Bank Holiday||banks|
|July 28||Friday||Ashura Holiday (Yaum-e-Ashur)|
|July 29||Saturday||Ashura Holiday (Yaum-e-Ashur)|
|July 31||Monday||Public Holiday (visit of Chinese vice premier) (Islamabad)||municipal|
|Aug 1||Tuesday||Public Holiday (visit of Chinese vice premier) (Islamabad)||municipal|
|Aug 14||Monday||Independence Day|
|Sep 28||Thursday||The Prophet’s Birthday (Eid Milad un Nabi)|
|Nov 9||Thursday||Allama Iqbal Day|
|Dec 25||Monday||Quaid-e-Azam’s Birthday / Christmas Day|
|Dec 26||Tuesday||Second Day of Christmas (for Christians only)||christian|
Over the years, the accuracy of the qppstudio long-term worldwide public holidays forecasts, and the qppstudio reactivity to last-minute changes, has made qppstudio the source of reference for the world’s foremost diary and calendar publishers as well as major international companies, from the travel and tourism industry, international news services, finance and banking, telecommunications, shipping and logistics, the IT Industry, and governmental agencies.
Is Today is a bank holiday?
There are no holidays in Ireland today.
Is 2nd January a bank holiday in UK?
Public Life – January 2 is not a bank or public holiday in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. However, January 1 and 2 are bank holidays in Scotland. Banks and post offices are closed. There may be limited public transport services or none at all. Some stores and businesses may be closed.
Is Jan 2nd a bank holiday?
Is today a bank holiday? – Yes! Today is Monday, January 2 – and it’s the New Year’s Day bank holiday. Good news – today is in fact a bank holiday! (Picture: Getty) This is the case in all corners of the UK: England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. January 2 is not always a bank holiday in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, though. For 2023, it is simply a substitute day to make up for the fact that the actual bank holiday (January 1, aka New Year’s Day) took place yesterday – on a Sunday, a day many workers will already have off.
However, Scotland does typically get January 2 as its own bank holiday – on top of New Year’s Day. This year, Scots will get January 2 and Tuesday, January 3 off – as substitutes for their typical January 1 and January 2 bank hols. You can find the full list of 2023 bank holidays here, plus how to maximise them with your annual leave,
Word of warning: as it’s a bank holiday, you might want to check shop opening times if you’re heading out. Supermarkets, DIY shops, cafés and other stores may open later than usual or close earlier than they typically do, so do keep that in mind if you fancy a trip to the shops.
Is jan 2nd 2024 a bank holiday?
Bank Holidays 2024 in Scotland – Scotland has nine bank holidays. It celebrates seven of the eight UK-wide holidays (except Easter Monday) and additionally 2nd January as well as St. Andrew’s Day on November 30th in honour of its national saint, newly introduced only in 2007. Schools and businesses in Scotland are not automatically closed on a bank holiday.
|January 1st, 2024||New Year’s Day||Monday|
|January 2nd, 2024||2nd January||Tuesday|
|March 29th, 2024||Good Friday||Friday|
|May 6th, 2024||Early May Bank Holiday||Monday|
|May 27th, 2024||Spring Bank Holiday||Monday|
|August 5th, 2024||August Bank Holiday (Scotland)||Monday|
|November 30th, 2024||St Andrew’s Day||Saturday|
|December 2nd, 2024||Substitute day (for St Andrew’s Day)||Monday|
|December 25th, 2024||Christmas Day||Wednesday|
|December 26th, 2024||Boxing Day||Thursday|
Bank Holidays 2024 Scotland Templates for Microsoft Word
What happened on january 2nd 2023?
Monday on the NewsHour. – Monday on the NewsHour, Russia bombards critical infrastructure in Kyiv while Ukraine carries out one of the deadliest attacks against Russian forces since the war began. Pakistan struggles to recover from historic flooding that killed more than 1,700 people.
Is february 13 2023 a holiday?
February 13 Holidays and Observances, Events, History, Recipe & More! 2023 Daily Holidays that fall on February 13, include:
- Clean Out Your Computer Day – February 13, 2023 (Second Monday in February)
- Desperation Day
- Dream Your Sweet Day
- Employee Legal Awareness Day
- Galentine’s Day – (Always the day before Valentine’s Day)
- Get a Different Name Day
- International Condom Day
- International Epilepsy Day – February 13, 2023 (Second Monday in February)
- International Natural Day
- Kiss Day
- Madly In Love With Me Day
- Meal Monday – February 13, 2023 (Second Monday in February)
- National Break Up With Your Carrier Day
- National Cheddar Day
- National Crab Rangoon Day
- National Football Hangover Day – February 13, 2023 (Day after Super Bowl)
- National Internet Friends Day
- National Tortellini Day
- National Wingman’s Day
- Oatmeal Monday – February 13, 2023 (Second Monday in February)
- Self-Love Day
- World Radio Day
2023 Weekly Holidays that include February 13, are:
- Celebration of Love Week – February 12-18, 2023 (Second Full Week in February)
- Children of Alcoholics Week – February 12-18, 2023 (Second Full Week in February)
- Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week – February 7-14
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Awareness Week – February 13-19
- Freelance Writers Appreciation Week – February 12-18, 2023 (Second Week of February)
- Getting Dizzy Week – February 8-14
- Great American Pizza Bake – February 12-18, 2023 (Second Full Week of February)
- Have a Heart for Chained Dogs Week – February 7-14
- Heart Failure Awareness Week – February 12-18, 2023 (Week of )
- Homes for Birds Week – February 12-18, 2023 (Second Full Week of February)
- International Flirting Week – February 12-18, 2023 (Week of Valentines Day)
- International Week of Black Women In the Arts – February 7-15
- Jell-O Week – February 12-18, 2023 (Second Full Week of February)
- Kraut and Frankfurter Week – February 12-18, 2023 (Second Full Week of February)
- Love a Mensch Week – February 7-14
- Love Data Week – February 13-17, 2023
- Love Makes the World Go Round, but Laughter Keeps Us From Getting Dizzy Week – February 8-14
- National Cardiac Rehabilitation Week – February 12-18, 2023 – (Second Week of February, the Week of Valentines Day)
- National Date Week (Fruit) – February 11-20
- National Entrepreneurship Week – February 11-18, 2023 (Third Week of February)
- National Green Week – February 5 – April 30, 2023 (Start First Full Week in February to April 30)
- National Hero Week – February 12-18, 2023 (Second Full Week of February)
- National Marriage Week USA – February 7-14
- National New Idea Week – February 12-18, 2023 (Second Full Week of February)
- National Salute to Veteran Patients – February 12-18, 2023 (Week of February 14 – )
- National Secondhand Wardrobe Week – February 12-18, 2023 (Second Full Week in February)
- National Week of Chastity – February 12-18, 2023 (Week of )
- Pickle Time Week – February 12-18, 2023 (Second Full Week of February)
- Random Acts of Kindness Week – February 12-18, 2023 (Second or Third Full Week in February)
- Risk Awareness Week – February 7-14
- Take Your Family to School Week – February 13-17, 2023
- Valentine’s Week – February 7-14
- 2023 Monthly Holidays that include February 13, are:
- There are too many monthly holidays to include here, so please check out our page to see all of the holidays that are celebrated the entire month of February.
- A page on each holiday will be coming soon and linked above.
- If a date is a movable holiday, that is different every year, I’ll include the year as well as the date rule above. Otherwise, the holiday falls on the same date each year.
Is 3rd January a bank holiday in UK?
Is today a bank holiday? – The answer is it depends. It’s great news if you live in Scotland because, yes, today is indeed a bank holiday. In Scotland, January 2 is a bank holiday. But, because this year, January 2 is already a substitute holiday for New Year’s Day (which landed on a Sunday), January 3 is the substitute holiday day for the January 2 bank holiday. Scots can cosy on down for one more day (Picture: Getty) In England and Wales, January 3 is not a bank holiday. The next bank holiday for England and Wales is Good Friday, on April 7. In Northern Ireland, the next bank holiday is March 17, for St Patrick’s Day.
There is good news for everyone in the UK, though, as we all get an extra bank holiday in 2023. For King Charles’ coronation on Saturday, May 6, we’ll get the following Monday (May 8) off. MORE : All the key astrological dates in January – and what they mean for you MORE : How to get 10 days off in a row in May 2023 using just four days of annual leave Follow Metro across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram,
Share your views in the comments below.
Is july 3rd 2023 a holiday?
Monday, July 3rd, 2023 is a day of SIX fun and exciting holidays! Get ready to celebrate National Stay Out of the Sun Day, National Eat Beans Day, International Plastic Bag Free Day, National Compliment Your Mirror Day, Air Conditioning Appreciation Day, and International Drop a Rock Day.
Is the king’s coronation a bank holiday?
Acas advice for the King’s coronation bank holiday 13 April 2023 Monday 8 May 2023 is a national bank holiday in the UK, following the coronation of King Charles III. Employers should discuss and agree with employees:
whether the organisation will close for the bank holiday what type of leave and pay will apply if employees are not working the process employees should follow to ask for the bank holiday off, if the organisation is staying open
Whether an employee gets an extra day’s holiday might depend on the exact wording in the employment contract. For example:
if the contract says all bank holidays are paid time off, this might mean an employee will get an additional day’s holiday if the contract just gives a total number of days’ holiday each year, this might mean an employee will not get an additional day’s holiday
If the bank holiday is not included in employees’ holiday entitlement, an employer can decide to add it. However, they do not have to.